This last Sunday morning I had the extreme joy of worshiping with some amazing people. Their declarations into that atmosphere were about the song inside each of us. Those songs waiting to be released. Those songs that bring down walls of discouragement and depression. Those songs that speak of the deep places hidden away inside.
Songs that are waiting, protected by Love, but gathering strength and ready to arise.
There are places on the earth right now where voices are crying out for real authentic freedom to be poured out. Their songs speak out against agendas of men. They demand that those agendas be laid down. My prayer has been that the cry for real freedom will not be perverted or twisted by the agendas of man, of Governments, or ideologies of any kind.
The lives of those sacrificed for freedom are crying out all over the earth. Theirs is a story strong and true. Their is a song that still lingers in the air around us. No matter where you live on the planet you can hear them.
They are women saying, “I have a voice, I have a value that goes beyond the picture that the world has of me”.
They are children crying out, “I have a future and a hope, I have a destiny! There is a promise inside of me for life and not death.”
They are the men watching on the wall saying, “ I will protect even if it costs my life.”
These are their songs.
I am challenged by this to ask of myself the question: What is my song and how will I sing it? What does it look like?
The desire of my heart is that my song will bring down walls of defense, and build up highways of relationship. That it’s melody will speak of the love that comes from the heart of God through His precious Son who gave His own life for mine. I want the words of my songs and the rhythm of it actions to be truth in love, in kindness, and in humility.
What is your song and are you willing to open up and sing it? Are you be willing to let go of those things that stop you from hearing and singing your song.
Will you use your song for life?
I love this. It reminds me of some amazing stuff I've read by Parker Palmer over the years. My favorite is, "Let Your Life Speak." He has a newer book out, "The Hidden Wholeness," that I think I'm going to start reading soon. I've heard it's powerful along the same lines.
ReplyDeleteContinue singing your song, dear friend. It is beautiful and needed!
Tthankyou for encouraging me to sing my song Anne. I haven't heard of Parker Palmer. Sounds interesting. I hope that his books speaks to your heart and blesses you.
ReplyDelete