If my heart feels confined or without space... it’s not because I am created to be that way. It’s more often than not because I have forgotten that I am created and designed to be limitless. My heart... my Spirit... was never intended to be held within the “fence-line” that I have put up for my identity, my vision or my love.
When I am in that place of limiting myself, God will send His amazing an practical patience for me in ways that breath life and wake my heart up once again.
I spent the morning with my Mom repotting and working in her garden.
It’s that time of year when pots get moved, cleaned and her garden begins to rise back up out of the winter sleep it has laid dormant in for so many months.
A few of the plants had become so big that their roots had gone through the bottom of the pot they were in. They were no longer healthy because of this. There was no more room to grow. The choice was either to throw the plant out or change it’s growing space. One of these plants is a beautiful butterfly bush that has been in my Mom’s garden for years. It took up an entire corner with lush blossoms for the butterflies and bees to drink from.
This year however, this plant was not as lush... not as full. It had no room to grow and was beginning to die. What was to be done with this plant? The thought of just cutting it down and throwing it away seemed so wrong. But there was no pot big enough for it.
So we took the this beautiful butterfly bush and put it into a place where it’s roots can go deep and have room. Space to grow.
While I was “freeing” the roots of this plant I was struggling with my own inner “complaint” before God... “Why am I here?”, “This place of my heart feels so tight and I can’t seem to move”, “What’s the plan?”
We all ask those questions, but I to have been stuck in a cycle of them. They were the noise that resounded in my mind making it hard to hear what the great big Love of God had for me in that moment.
I am without limits because He is in me and I am in Him.
"How precious to me are your thoughts,a God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you."
Psalms 139:17-18
No comments:
Post a Comment