He said so calming, with such compassion and strength,
“It’s only a storm. Rest.”
This was a for real moment between Jesus and I. Some would call it a dream, some a vision. For me, it was if as I was there in the boat with Him in that moment. It was an anchor moment where my heart placed a flag to guide me back to the eye of any storm.
They happen. Storms. Hurricanes. Twisters.
They pull things up and tear things down.
They devastate life as we know it.
They take “normal” and twist it round until it is unrecognizable.
And... if you can find the eye of the storm. The place of calm. You can stand.
Perhaps even dance.
There has been a storm in my life for a while now. Life got twisted round and normal got thrown out the window. Just when I thought I found my new normal, another gust hit, and there I found myself once again trying to find my way back to the center where it is calm. The place at the eye of it all, where I see His eyes and hear His voice full of compassion and strength and all that love He has for me.
When I am there, in the center I can feel the wind raging. I know that it is there. but my heart is calm. I can lift my arms and let go of all the things that aren’t mine. I can actually use the storm to bring the residue off of me.
Perhaps that’s why the winds rise up. Perhaps that’s the purpose of the storm. Giving us the opportunity to let go. From the safety of the His eyes we can rest. And let go of the stuff that isn’t suppose to be there in the first place. The stuff that needs to be blown away, pulled down, torn to pieces and devastated beyond recognition.
Who I am isn’t dictated by the storm, but it is strength by how I stand in the midst of it.
The love I carry isn’t diminished by the storm. In fact it is made deeper and more clear as I learn to dance. As I look into the eyes of the One who loves me most and dances with me. As He holds my gaze and reminds me to rest.
Whatever your storm, know that in the eye there is peace. In the eye stands the One who knows you. The One who will stand with you and hold your heart. The One who will keep your heart, your mind and your love safely anchored.
You can dance in the hurricane... But only if you’re standing in the eye.



No comments:
Post a Comment