Monday, August 22, 2011

“The Door.....”




How do we know the timing of our coming and our going?  What is it we look for, listen for, that tells us the door is open or closed for us?
Not just the natural movement of our bodies, but of our hearts and our words.  
I have often said that to go too early through a door may cause your to hit with your head and cause it to close.  Which leaves your with a closed door and a bump on your head.  Clearly not a productive result.  
Our words can open or close doors.  Our response to words can do the same.  
As I move forward seeing the doors in front of my own life waiting to fully open, I don’t think that of it as a game of chance.  It’s not like that famous game show where I choose between door number 1 and number 2 hoping that I won’t get a dud behind it.  
I can ask, I can seek, I can knock from this side of that door.  I can listen for the knock on the other side that I know I will hear.  I know the voice of my Jesus and of my Father whose love guides my heart, my words and my actions.  That voice and that love will call me through whatever door I am to go through.  And if I am willing to wait - in action and preparation - for the moment it is fully open.  If I will watch with expectation. If I will do my part, it will open my heart and bring me through.  
And even if I don’t do my part, the door will open.  Then I have a choice to make.  Will I walk through and be forever changed or will I stay in this place?  
If I don’t walk through I am still loved, but what of the “more” have I missed by not doing so......
Jesus walked this path and our lives are forever changed because He did so.........
What are your doors?  Relationships waiting to begin or places waiting to be seen.  Ideas and inspirations that are just waiting at the back of your mind. 
Are we willing to let the doors close that need to be closed in order for the release to happen.  Are we willing to let “one door close so that another can open”....................

No comments:

Post a Comment