Monday, September 12, 2011

When we dream with God...........

“When we dream with God, we become the masterpieces of His imagination”
                                                                                                                        Bill Johnson
I am sitting on a plane in first class.  There is an actual “glass” of water next to me.  Not a plastic cup, but an actual glass.  And beside it is a small glass of very nice Cabernet to sip while I write.  I am waiting on my dinner which includes pasta, a spinach salad, shrimp cocktail, and cheese cake for dessert.  
I find it also so beautiful of my Beloved Jesus that the book He told me to bring to read on this flight would be “The Supernatural Ways of Royalty” by Bill Johnson and Kris Vallotton.  Jesus knew that I would need that extra insight to see what He was so clearly teaching my heart.  
So, how did I get here?  This extremely comfortable and roomy chair with so much provision?  
There is another quote from the book that says, “Revelation of our true identity will destroy the spirit of poverty in our lives”
What I would call a happy accident of timing, my Jesus is calling His set standard for me.  He dreams a dream for me so much higher than I can think or imagine. 


 So why does this all feel so awkward to my heart.  Why do I question my position in His eyes.  Why do I catch myself feeling slightly guilty for having more than those folks on the other side of the curtain?  Why do my thoughts go toward, “who could I bless this seat with and perhaps who needs it more than I do”?  Where are those whispers coming from?

Is it perhaps that I am afraid to “have” because in the having there is a possible risk of loss.  Or is there still a residue of that old voice that holds my value as less than it truly is in God’s heart and eyes?  Is it that I still struggle to see myself as Jesus sees me in His love.


I stood in the security line at the airport for 15 minutes because that was my expectation.  I was grateful I had arrived 2 1/2 hours early so I could wait in that line.  I didn’t have any higher expectation.  I had settled for a standard that went with what I thought was my story.  A standard that at this moment was no longer the truth.  It wasn’t until I saw the sign that said “preferred” that my truth was challenged.  I found myself needing to double check and question this new perspective. Make sure that I had the right to follow that new path through security so much faster.  


Now my only problem was what to do with the extra 2 hours I had to wait for my flight to board.  


When the time came to board the flight, I was once again confronted with my own sense of altered reality.  No line, ushered on and immediately asked what I would like to drink.  My seat even turned out to be a window seat.  I could see Jesus smiling as I discovered that nugget of love for my heart.


Again and again God’s love will confront those places of struggle that we carry about our value - our self worth - our access to provision.  


Again and again He will challenge us to receive more of His love in ways that can make us uncomfortable because of it’s lavishness.  


Lord, teach me to receive Your lavish love for me in whatever form You are choosing to show me.  Teach me to see Your hand extended.  
Help me through the discomfort as You change my vision and understanding of the truth about my value in your heart.


I am my Beloved’s..... His heart is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment