Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Hero.... my own true Hero

Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”
As I drove out of town that Friday I was “done”.  It was all too hard.  I had no idea how to do any more than I had done to make things right. The walls seemed so high.  I could see no clear path up or around them.  At that moment there was no clear direction for me showing me where things could even go from this moment.  My heart was so heavy and my mind so filled with words of condemnation.  Words of brokenness.  
How often is it that we all feel this way.  More often than not I would suspect in the days we are living.  
Over the next few days however, I would find my heart renewed.  I would reconnect with my Hero.  It would happen because of my heart for one of my favorite children.  As I would encourage his heart, my own would find encouragement and strength.  
We sat on the couch and talked about this thing that was so hard and scary for him.  We talked about how it would not always be this way.  That this was only a “for now thing” and that there truly would be a day when it wasn’t like this anymore.  We talked about how this thing didn’t define him- didn’t mark him and who he is.  We talked about the truth in who he is.  We talked about the hero that lived inside of him.
I shared with him about another “boy” that I know.  A boy who was afraid of heights.  How this “boy” (well he isn’t really a boy anymore....) had to jump out of an airplane and needed to find the courage and strength to do it.  I shared how he found his own “inner hero”.  How he was able to do something that seemed so hard and really quite scary because of it.  And now this young man not only jumps out of airplanes, he does it as part of his job.  
Well you can imagine the size of this little boys eyes as I shared.  Even more so when I showed him a picture of that very same person dangling from a rope attached to a helicopter.  Those eyes, they did get a bit larger in size.....  
We talked about Jesus.  The ultimate hero.  He did the hardest thing ever.  And He lives inside us.  He is the Hero inside. He strengthens us, encourages us and connects us with our own hero.  I said, “You are a hero and Jesus lives inside of you.  You can do this things that seems so hard because of that.”  For the rest of the weekend, this little guy walked around reminding himself that he is a hero.  It was as if a shift was beginning to happen in remembering who he is.  
As I sat on that couch and shared with this child, my own heart was sitting as a child in the hands of the One who knows me most.  My Glorious Savior and Almighty Lord.  As I spoke, He spoke.  He reminded me that the same words were true of me.  I am connected to the ultimate Hero - Jesus.  Because of that I too can do all things.  I too am strengthened, encouraged and believed in.  I too am loved, even in this moment that seemed so hard and scary.  I too can stand in the same truth.  
That truth began to breath life into my heart that open the door to renewed hope, strength and clarity.  Confusion began to lift and I could hear the rest of the Lord’s heart for me and for this moment in my own life where I was struggling to see and hear.  
It’s amazing when the confusion is broken off of the mind and the heart by the truth of what Jesus says. 

He is my hero... My own true Hero.....


No comments:

Post a Comment