Whatever the reason, my Mom's garden is once again my inspiration and I decided to repost this on my blog. I hope you enjoy it. It was actually my first attempt at a "blog style" post. I have updated the pictures from my last trip.
I am at my Parents home for Thanksgiving. It is where I spent most of my growing-up years. It may be that because I am here and helping my Mom with her garden that has released this in my heart.
Her “garden” is all potted plants, but you would never know that at first glance. You would have to look much deeper to see what was underneath.
She has taken what was a ugly asphalt area and turned it into a lush garden that is full of colors and smells. She has taken pieces of furniture that were once cast off and made them a part of this amazing place. Toys from the grandchildren’s childhood are hidden in there as well. You can see a “He-man” Tiger that was once bounced on hiding amongst the foliage. His eyes looking at you as if to say, “here I am in my habitat, come and get me”. Month by month she collected wooden slats to put down as a cover and a walkway. There are now plants growing up from underneath that would. The asphalt has become like fertile soil. There are solar lights so that you can sit at night and watch the stars. There is a swinging bench made of iron to sit on. You would think that might be uncomfortable, but it is actually quite relaxing and enjoyable. There is an old chair with it seat removed that makes a perfect fit for a pot growing out of it’s seat. An old iron headboard from a bed becomes something for a climbing vine to grow on. Anything can become something new in this place.
| My Mom made the little table from extra wooden section pieces. |
| old chairs find new life, bird houses get tucked into creative places. |
She has found a place to create where there was once nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment