Perspective..... it’s all in where you are looking from and who you are looking at sometimes. Where and how do we position ourselves when we are looking at something.
I find myself once again realizing that I have been looking at something from the wrong perspective and perception. Needing to repent because my faith is so lacking. Forgetting my own testimony, my own story.
I have had a life filled with storms and changes and at every one of those moments the Lord has been there saying, “Peace. Be still.” Speaking into my heart and encouraging me to quiet my soul, my spirit and my mind. To listen for Your voice.
I have had a life filled with storms and changes and at every one of those moments the Lord has been there saying, “Peace. Be still.” Speaking into my heart and encouraging me to quiet my soul, my spirit and my mind. To listen for Your voice.
I am reminded once again of that moment in the boat. As I lay my head on the pillow and looked into your heart, and your eyes. You were there, unafraid and anchoring the boat with your peace. You spoke into my story and said, “It’s ok, go back to sleep. It’s only a storm. I will take care of it.” That sleep you spoke of was not one of inactivity, but a position of rest. No matter the force of the wind or the rocking of the boat, you are still in control of the waves. I can rest and move with the rocking. Use the action of the storm to propel me to the other side in a way that still calm seas cannot.
What is our response when the change of a storm in life hits our hearts? How do we respond to it. In “what” - WHO - do we anchor our hearts, our minds, our spirits and even our bodies? I am very aware that if I make the attempt of anchor from my own strength, I will quickly become weary and doubt. My mind will wonder into place of rich and deep imagination playing out scenes that many times have no basis in reality. They can however keep me up at night, distract me from the movement forward that is happening. They can even halt that very movement forward. The mind can be a wonderful tool, it is so creative. That same mind can be a trap of thoughts and false assumptions. I become like the disciples in the boat saying, “We are lost, we will die, don’t You care?”
There were two perspectives of the that storm. The Disciples and that of Jesus. They saw destruction, He saw movement. They were afraid, He was aware of the One who causes the wind in the first place. They forgot or had not yet realized the “WHO” that was with them in that boat. Even after He had spoken to both the disciples and the storm, they were still seeing from a tilted perspective. Now they were no longer afraid of the storm, but of the power that controlled it. They missed seeing that moment from Heaven’s eyes.
My challenge to myself is this: I don’t want to miss the moment of perspective that takes me out of my vision and into the vision of Heaven. I don’t want to miss the opportunity to move forward because I am afraid of the wind that is taking me there. I want to anchor myself in the rest that comes from knowing so deeply within the “WHO” that anchors my journey. My “who” is Jesus. His love has anchored my life and my heart in a way that nothing and no one else ever could.
His voice is the voice I listen for when my mind is filling with the noise of doubt. Love that speaks through all the other voices and clears the air. The storm doesn’t stop, but the voices do. I step up out of my own perspective and go us a bit higher. I let love guide me and I trust the One who controls the movement of the storm.
Perhaps one day I will even get up and step out of the boat.... Who knows, it’s happened before.



No comments:
Post a Comment