Saturday, July 23, 2016

For My Brother.....

“There is that moment when you pull back the bow” he said......
“You need to breath more”...  he said.....

I was standing with my brother watching him in wonder at how focused he was.  How peaceful in the moment.  I could imagine him exactly where his own vision was taking him.  Into the woods.  The place he loved and the place that was as he would say, “His backyard”... “His gold mine above the ground”.  

He was standing there showing me how to relax and breath because that was the most important thing to remember when pulling back on a bow.  If you want to hit the target you have to relax and just “see it” first.  “Breath into it, close your eyes and pull back... feel your hand against your cheek in “just that right spot. Don’t worry about the target in that moment”.  

Breath....

“open your eyes and let go of the arrow”....
“Hold your position... right there in that moment and listen for the arrow to hit the mark”

Breath.....

Oh how I want with all of my heart to sit and listen to those words again.  Oh how I want to watch him with such smooth graceful power do what he did so well and with such joy.  

Oh how I will miss him.....  

How many lesson he taught me in those years.  About trusting God with everything, even when it was hard and you just wanted to punch someone (usually for good reason).  About how to pray in every situation and everyday no matter what.  
About the love of family....  

But that day learning from his about the art of shooting a bow was a big day.  I don’t imagine he truly knew how big, but then again maybe he did.  Those eyes knew things that many of us could only imagine.  They had seen so much and felt so deeply.  They had cried and laughed and stood in awe of a Mighty God.  

That day I listened to my brother through Holy Spirit’s heart and beckoning.  Be peaceful and listen and learn the deeper things in a new way.  Be peaceful and breath no matter what is happening around you.  Be peaceful and slow down and wait for the right moment.  

Be peaceful and breath....

Even when it’s hard to draw in one breath after another because you cannot imagine what the days ahead will look like without his laughter echoing and his bright eyes and smile letting you know that he knows a secret that none of the rest of us know.  
He has hit the mark.  He saw the target long ago and pulled back his bow.  He waited.... He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and let the arrow go....

I love you deeply and forever my brother and my friend...  I will let love carry you home to that new backyard full of wonder and joy.  I will hold your words and your heart deeply in my own and remember
to close my eyes, 
take a deep breath
find that spot where everything is still and ready
breath
open my eyes and trust the bow

and let go.......

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment